- A tank top that fits normally as a guide. (NOT those super tight ones.)
- Some fabric for the main part of the shirt
- A bit of different colored fabric for the collar
- Lightweight fabric for bow
- Tracing or parchment paper & pencil
1. Lay tank top onto folded fabric. (The front of the tank top needs to be folded into the front. Folded down the middle basically.) The middle of the tank top needs to be aligned with folded edge of your fabric like in the picture above. Add a 1/2 in. seam allowance all around and then cut!
2. Do the same for the back.
3. Sew the shoulders together like in the picture.
4.The pictures pretty much speak for themselves.
Tip: you can do one side, then fold the paper in half, and trace it onto the other side since the paper is see-through. That way it is symmetrical.
5. Follow what the pictures say then turn the shirt right-side-out and iron the collar down. Now sew, very closely, along the edge of the neckline. Now the collar is done but depending on the size and fabric, it may stick up a bit like mine did. I just sewed along the bottom edge of it, connecting the edge to the shirt.
If you saw my last post, then you know I originally had a different idea for this shirt. So, for the middle picture, this step is pretty useless. But I did it in mine, and I thought I would explain how in case you decided to do it differently or something.
The rest is pretty simple! Just hem the edges correctly and such and then you're finished!
Since I was originally planning on doing something else, the tutorial might be a bit confusing.. If so, just as me your questions and I will be more than happy to try and help. Let me know if you give it a try :) Thanks for visiting!
Oh and I'm not really sure but wouldn't this make a good maternity shirt? Just my guess.
Linky parties: Homemaker on a Dime; Serendipity and Spice; Alderberry Hill; Lines Across; Sumo's Sweet Stuff; Craft-O-Mania